Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Ransom notes keep falling out your mouth, mid-sweet talk newspaper word cutouts, speak no feeling, no I don't believe you, you don't care a bit.

Today I have a video I would like to share with you guys. A recap of last night's episode of "The Hills" will come soon as well.

"The Shooting", also known as "Dear Sister", was an SNL Digital Short that originally aired on April 14th, 2007. The short is a satire of "The Dearly Beloved", the second-season finale of the TV show "The O.C.".

The video is shown here (I couldn't figure out how to directly post it to this blog).

Before I talk about it, there is some history on the video I will share. Two days after the original airing of the short was the Virginia Tech shootings. 33 people were killed in this shooting, including the killer, who committed suicide when he was done killing people. The short was found to be in poor taste after the massacre and was never uploaded to youtube or NBC's website. It did start a wave of reenacments on youtube, but now because of the dispute between youtube and Warner Music Group, many of the videos have their audio muted. I have found the original video on Photobucket.

The video is a good satire of the scene in "The O.C.", which I have seen. If you notice, every time Kristen Wiig is shot, the music, "Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap, restarts. And as Jason Sudeikis and Fred Armisen shoot each other, the music overlaps. It's very funny, but also satirical. I showed this video to my boyfriend and we both enjoyed watching it together.

A recap of last night's episode of "The Hills" will come soon, and "Survivor" will come on Friday. Saturday Night Live is a new epsisode, with host Betty White and musical guest Jay-Z. I will try to write about that.

Love y'all,
***-Lily-***

No comments:

Post a Comment