Friday, August 21, 2009

Now she's got a boyfriend, I've got a rock band, cuz nothing really ever goes the way it's planned.

I'm sorry for the lack of updates.........I've just been REALLY busy and exhausted by the end of the day.

But boy do I have some stories for you!

A couple of nights ago on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, I was transported back in time a few years, and I will tell you why. They have a new lifeline called "Ask the Expert", where famed authors, TV hosts and other people get to help out the contestant. You obtain this lifeline after you reach $1000.

Well, a couple of nights ago, the expert on Millionaire was Ken Jennings. He is the ultimate trivia nerd (we'd get along well, because my friend Steff picked me as "most likely to win at trivia on facebook). He won "Jeopardy!" 74 times in a row (I am not kidding. Just look him up on wikipedia if you don't believe me).

So, a couple of nights ago, I was transported back 5 years to the summmer of 2004. I was 14 years old, turning 15 the day before the episode he lost aired. I was about to enter my freshman year of high school, working as a volunteer at the public library on Fridays, seeing a movie in theaters practically every week.

I don't remember exactly how I found out about Ken, but something drew me in to watching Jeopardy! every week to see if he was gonna win. And on days I went to movies, or on Fridays when I was at the library, I made my mom watch it to see if he won (and of course he did).

And I had this unusal crush on him. I have always been known to fall for the nerdy boys, and I guess I did even when I was 14. But he's a lot older than I am and married. So I have no chance haha. I don't care tho.

Early on during his big run, I made this vow that if he lost, I would paint my nails black. And he lost on the day after my 15th birthday, so I had to rub off my favorite color of nail polish (Psychadelic Pop, which is a hot pink) and paint my nails black. I got irritated because that was my favorite color that I was wearing in honor of it being my birthday week. But a vow is a vow, so I had to follow through.

So when Regis announced he was the expert for the night, I seriously had a spaz attack. Ken Jennings was always really cool, good-looking, and knew a lot about trivia. It'd be cool to meet him!

So that's my story of the night. I'm going up to Des Moines one last time tomorrow, just for the weekend. Then I start school on Monday. Will be sure to tell you of any exciting things that happen at school!

Love y'all,
***-Lily-***

No comments:

Post a Comment